Friday, November 23, 2007

Mercury Falling

(which means it's getting cold)

The fact that I explain the subject of this post above is a little indicative of how I feel about the editor Mercury. I think she or he has been rather hung out to dry by some 'comrades' - she or he really does seem like a well meaning, nice editor, who is either pretending to be a little slow or.........

Either way, she or he is currently digging deeper and deeper into behaviour that's just not on - you know, appearing to be kinda less than entirely honest. I believe Mercury to still be playing a game that she or he shouldn't be, and unfortunately losing badly.

I really do think one of his friends (and I guess I mean Durova, if she's aware of Mercury's posting) should really have a quiet word and say - stop for a bit, I think it's time to come clean.


4 comments:

Whistleblower said...

If someone posts something Mercury sometimes replies within a few seconds or something.

So he doesn't pause long enough to find out what's really going on- and so looks thick, while seeking to make other editors look thick, and as usual on Wikipedia, not apologising when he gets it wrong.

private musings said...

Interestingly, mercury has now explicitly denied being in off wiki communication about me whatsoever. hmmmmm.... Also - I haven't really taken the impression that Mercury is rushed - more that she or he is just a little less than rigorous. As I said in some post somewhere, in some cases Mercury either seems to be playing dumb or........

Anonymous said...

I have always found mercury to be ready to apologize when she has done something wrong. There are a few examples on her talk. And it appears private musings is the one losing. /Proposed decision

Whistleblower said...

PM's never denied his time on Wikipedia's rather 'interesting' - that's what he's writing about.