Monday, November 26, 2007

Durover

I've stepped back from participating in my Arb case just at the moment, because all it was doing was making me angry, and I'm more stupid than usual in that state, and I've been busy.
But this is quite exceptional - and deserves noting;

You have apparently misrepresented me as a bigot, as "evidence" in your current ArbCom dispute. I have not yet participated in that thread's mainspace, and was not watching it closely (I came across it by chance). You failed to ask me for clarification, or provide me any notice. Several people have pointed out how painfully ridiculous your mistake was, but you have neither retracted nor commented. AGF negates NPA, as any attempt to believe that you honestly misunderstood my comment results in an insult to your intelligence.

You have accomplished the unthinkable - making John Cleese even funnier. You have also made a serious and indefensible accusation on my character. Also, I'm one-half German, but not a bit British. sNkrSnee | t.p. 03:44, 26 November 2007 (UTC)

Thank you for the clarification. I will strikethrough promptly. It would have been more gracious to provided this explanation without sarcasm, and with a little regret for the unintentional offense given. DurovaCharge! 03:46, 26 November 2007 (UTC)

Did you just suggest that I owe you an apology? For offending YOU? sNkrSnee | t.p. 04:06, 26 November 2007 (UTC)

I extended this to Privatemusings for unintentional offense I had given, even though other editors complained that Privatemusings had been rude to me.[5] Differences of opinion aside, we're all still people. Please refactor. DurovaCharge! 04:59, 26 November 2007 (UTC)

It relates to this exchange from my talk page;

Privatemusings, removing the indefblocked template, the block notice, and the unblock request doesn't really make a good impression at this stage.[2] Suggest you restore them as a gesture of respect for process. DurovaCharge! 00:04, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

That may be a result of the page deletion, and not connected to Privatemusings. ElinorD (talk) 00:08, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Durova, my talk page has just been deleted yet again for reasons I assert are not the strongest, and you seem to be blaming me for creating the wrong impression as a result. I don't really know how to go about templating appropriately - but remain happy for someone to do so.
You implication that this is nefarious is odious if intended, and unnecessarily clumsy and aggressive if in error. Privatemusings (talk) 00:09, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

Ah, it looked like a result of your edit. Thanks for the clarification. In that case, no worries. DurovaCharge! 00:34, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

Well no worries indeed, have you considered that an apology is appropriate in such circumstances? You see 'no worries' tends to mean that you are no longer concerned about your mistake. That is discourteous. Privatemusings (talk) 00:45, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

I apologize for any discourtesy. It has not been my intention to offend. DurovaCharge! 02:08, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

That goes a long way - hopefully it can be offered, not drawn, in future, but thanks Privatemusings (talk) 02:10, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Durova just finds it almost impossible to show contrition - and has no shame in drawing attention to exchanges such as the above as evidence that she is a careful, considered good egg.

It's just really really (really) weird?!

oh - and the thrilling news of the morning is that I'm writing a 'my case in a nutshell' piece, which may be interesting to some, and will appear presently.....

No comments: