Thursday, November 22, 2007

A couple of questions and answers

Well, I had a few questions, and notes arrive via email, with some people asking for a bit more information about what it is that I've done exactly.

It's a good question. Basically the answer is that I was heavily involved with the discussions about 'BADSITES' - that is whether or not Wikipedia should have 'site bans' on linking to sites that are viewed as 'attack' sites. I disagreed with almost all aspects of that, philosophically and pragmatically. The true heart of my block lies in the irritation caused by that disagreement.

Specfically however, the two separate events which led to my banning are the editing here,
and here.


The former has all revisions still intact, for the interested, and the later has had several deletions and partial recreations - following the not terribly controversial post that you'll find in the 'truthiness' post (basically just collecting 8 sources from other editors' work).

That's it I'm afraid! Wierd, huh??

No comments: