Monday, November 26, 2007

This page in a nutshell

I've tried to write up exactly how I arrived in the position I'm in, but events keep overtaking me.
Basically I have been indefinitely blocked three times, buy JzG, David Gerard, and Mercury. The blocks were reviewed and upheld by Jpgordon and Morven. (who have carefully and in a considered fashion decided to agree with themselves at arbitration. well done.)
I am currently in Arbitration, and will likely be banned indefinitely from editing BLP articles, and probably banned all together for a time period (90 days, or a year being discussed thus far, the 1 year block was a suggestion from Durova)

Here's an attempt to explain why;
  • Being very active criticising 'BADSITES' proposals - (I also started the current proposal at 'WP:PROBLEMLINKS')
  • Putting a link to his blog at the 'Robert Black' article page, and a strong consensus to retain the link emerging - many influential editors expressed a wish for it to be removed.
  • Asking questions about sources at 'Giovanni di Stefano' - and questioning a few people (Fred mainly) on strange behaviour such as deleting pages for merely collecting a few sources already submitted by others.
  • being another 'false positive' and identified as a 'WR Sleeper' by Durova et al
  • Responding 'improperly' to an authoritative 'slap' (ie. asking 'Why have you slapped me?) - not simply running along.
I am pleased that the material I was discussing at the Giovanni di Stefano page is being discussed. Guy, Fred and others have consistently expressed the opinion that the matter is far too difficult and complicated for mere wiki editors, whereas I believe the wiki process to be healthy, and have faith it will result in a better article.

I probably won't be able to help it of course - which is a shame.

No comments: